Allen Wilson Maxwell, Jr. Memorial Scholarship
The recipient(s) of this scholarship must:
- Be an Arkansas;
- Be a full-time student or be in his/her final semester/term of undergraduate studies leading to graduation;
- Be in good academic standing and maintain a cumulative G.P.A. of at least 3.0 (perhaps a student with no other scholarships or grants available to him or her); and,
- Have strong academic standards, excellent professional potential and, most importantly, have an extremely strong work ethic with a passion to make a difference in the world.
Preference shall be given to otherwise qualified recipient(s) as follows:
- First preference – any major within the School of Forestry and Natural Resources
- Second preference – any of the natural sciences majors within the School of Mathematical and Natural Sciences
- Third preference – political science major
- Fourth preference – any major
Preference shall also be given to a student(s) who is an intercollegiate football player if he meets all other selection criteria for this scholarship. For example, if there is not a student within the School of Forestry and Natural Resources who is also an intercollegiate football player, then a student majoring in any of the natural sciences who is also an inter-collegiate football player would take preference, and so on.
- The scholarship shall be awarded based upon merit.
This scholarship is awarded for only the upcoming fall semester if the applicant meets the GPA and enrollment requirements specified for the award.